Towards the end of February Adrian and I ventured down to Vegas to spend some much needed quality time with my friend, Mr. Sunshine. It had been so long since I had seen him last, and my soul needed to see him and soak him in.
My best pal, Jan (who seems to be a common factor in all of my adventures abroad) once again had mentioned that she had a Timeshare space available for occupation. She had rented it out for the one week minimum, but would only be using the condo for one weekend, and hated to see it sitting empty all the week prior. I mean, it would be silly to let that go to waste, right? SO - away we went! I packed all my sunglasses, sunscreen, and sundresses I could fit into one over night bag and we hit the road!
We stopped in St. George to gas up and stretch our legs, and it was SO warm that I had to change into my dress - I knew then and there that this was going to be the best weekend ever! Nothing makes me happier than a sundress in the sunshine.
Unfortunately, as per usual I was sick as a dog the first three days of our trip, so even though before we headed down to Nevada we had planned to really hit the town hard, we ended up just walking down the strip to my favorite restaurant (Hash House a Go-Go) then going to bed by 10:30. A long walk was actually quite nice to relax after a freaking long 6-hours being cooped up in the car. Plus I got to eat pancakes that were bigger than my face, and I don't know how you could NOT be happy about that.
The next day we did some more exploring. We checked out of the Circus Circus, loaded the car back up, and began our adventures up and down the strip to enjoy the sunshine! Ok, so I enjoyed the sunshine, Adrian hid under a 1" thick layer of sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and every single piece of shade he could find.
![]() |
| Before we left Circus Circus, we made sure to take this pseudo-wedding photo to send to our moms. In my defense, it was all his idea! My mom was super excited, and so was his sister. |
We spent the better half of the day walking around and taking pictures, and later that evening checked into the condo, dropped off our stuff, then headed to Terri's house to visit her family and have a BBQ. (not before stopping in at Road Runner to enjoy my favorite Vegas tradition: Mini bowling!) I am so mad at myself for leaving my phone on the charger because I didn't get any pictures with her, but she knows that I love and miss her dearly and can't wait to see her again!
The rest of our trip was spent lounging. Adrian took a lot of naps. I soaked in a lot of eucalyptus baths and drank a LOT of bubbly pink wine.
We walked over to the casino next to the condo and enjoyed a day of Penny slot machines...which ended up winning Adrian $40 that he used to treat us both to dinner while we were watching the Syracuse game, waiting for the Freemont Street experience.
While we were there, my sweet cousin Brandy had messaged me and told me that she was ALSO in Vegas for a wedding, and was ALSO on Freemont Street! Naturally, we had to meet up for cocktails. I hadn't seen her in a long time, as she lives in Colorado and I don't get out to Pueblo that often.
We had a ton of fun, and I am SO glad that we got to get away.
As much fun as we had getting away, it sure was nice to come back home. We know of at least one sweet little face that missed us. I sure missed him, too! :)
![]() |
| Sweet Shilo Boy |








No comments:
Post a Comment