Those who know Molly's story (and know me in general) you know that seeing Molly go was so incredibly difficult for me, I almost couldn't do it. Even though I had known ever since the day I brought Molly home with me that I wouldn't be able to keep her forever, I still had a hard time letting her go to someone else. I felt responsible for her. For her life. For her health. For her happiness. Little Molly May is probably the sweetest dog I have ever met.
Long story short, the family that she had waiting for her in Idaho finally came through after almost a year of anticipation - and dread. We drove up Saturday afternoon and stayed a few hours visiting with my family before heading back to Salt Lake. Let me just say, that spending that many hours in the car in one day (especially with dogs) is hell. They seemed to have fun though.
Loading her up into her new car was the hardest part for me. She jumped in and quickly sprawled out on her bed and waited for me to get in the car with her. It was so sad to see her face when I shut the door and was waving to her from the outside. She was so confused as to why I wasn't getting in with her. I guess she didn't eat for a few days, but she is back to her wild self and loves having her own house, her own family, her own couch, and all the attention and spoonfuls of peanut butter a girl could ask for! We are so happy for Molly!
Here are some pictures of our drive down there. (aren't my kids the cutest?)
![]() |
| Sweet Boozer |
![]() |
| Molly - lounging about in the backseat |
![]() |
| My sweet baby Toby! |
![]() |
| We love you, Molly! |




No comments:
Post a Comment